A pregnant woman is always a happy woman. Though the period of pregnancy is not an easy task to handle for everyone. During pregnancy, every woman should be careful regarding her diet plans, her intakes, what all work she is doing whether she is a housewife or a working woman. Since a woman’s body undergoes significant changes in pregnancy, she comes up with certain mood swings resulting in increasing demanding factors due to a developing fetus.
Measures to be taken for a Healthy Pregnancy:-
- Preparation for pregnancy should begin before conception, as fetal development begins from the third week after the last menstrual period.
- Damaging effects (e.g. Exposure to drugs) may occur before the woman is even aware she is pregnant, no one should be very patiently handling her with care.
- Being as fit and healthy as possible before conception maximizes the chances of a healthy pregnancy.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling session by a specialist is really necessary and generally recommended 3 months prior to planning conception.
- Moderate exercise, yoga or meditation should be encouraged, as it improves a woman’s cardiovascular and muscular fitness.
- There is no delay in return to fertility after stopping the pill or having IUCD (intrauterine contraceptive device) removed.
- An obstetrician would recommend folic acid tablets before conception.
- A woman older than 35years old reduces the chance of conceiving. This rate of decline drops very quickly by 40years. So make sure to have this good news during in your early age.
- Age also carries an increased risk of chromosomal abnormalities in the baby, so try to give birth to a healthy child.
- Relaxation and avoiding stress should be encouraged while planning for pregnancy.